Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
Is a type of vinegar made from apple cider with a pale medium amber color. Traditionally, vinegar is made through a very slow fermentation process, which can take weeks or even months, leaving it rich in bioactive components like acetic acid, epicatechin, catechin, caffeiic acid, gallic acid and more, giving it potent antioxidant, antimicrobial and many other beneficial properties. Vinegar can be made from almost any carbohydrate that can be fermented such as grapes, coconut, potatoes, beets, apples and dates.
Vinegar is said to have been discovered around 5,000 BC, when unattended grape juice turned into wine and then vinegar. Originally used as a food preservative, in French vinegar means, “sour wine”. Hippocrates used vinegar to manage wounds during the Age of Pericles (Classical Greece) and by the 1700s medical practitioners used it to treat everything from croup to stomach aches to throat and stomach ulcers and common rashes like poison ivy.
Studies suggest that vinegar can increase feelings of fullness and help people eat fewer calories, which can lead to weight loss. Vinegar is great for cooking, cleaning, hygiene, garden care and is known for its health benefits when consumed as a daily supplement. Raw apple cider vinegar is the most affordable and beneficial natural antibiotic you can give yourself; it has over 150 medicinal uses. Unfiltered or Raw apple cider vinegar contains “the mother” of the apple, which is high in protein. If you have acid reflux because of too little stomach acid, this may be the treatment for you since apple cider vinegar will add more acid to your digestive tract. It has long been used to cure and prevent gout which is initially caused by an excess of uric acid in the blood (hyperuricemia). A small amount of ACV mixed with Earth-derived baking soda is a treatment for ulcer pain (recipe in next section of book) and other digestive issues. The pectin in apple cider vinegar may also help to soothe intestinal spasms while stimulating digestive juices that help break down food.
Bragg Organic and Field Day Organic Apple Cider Vinegar is both unfiltered, unheated, unpasteurized with 5% acidity. This slow fermentation process allows a beneficial yeast to grow that serves not only as a natural antibiotic but a prebiotic (feeds healthy bacteria) for healthy bacteria. This process allows for the accumulation of a sort of slime to form that is composed of yeast and acetic acid bacteria to form, what is referred to as the “mother”, strands of protein, enzymes, and friendly bacteria. It is a murky mud-like amino acid-based substance found floating on the bottom of the bottle of unfiltered, raw apple cider vinegar. When vinegar is pasteurized and filtered the mother is removed, along with all of its medicinal powers. Look for Certified NON- GMO & USDA Organic brands. The “murky” kind is the best if you plan on consuming it; stay away from pasteurized vinegar. Suggested dosages range from 1-2 teaspoons to 1-2 tablespoons per day. Do NOT go above that; excess consumption may have harmful effects. There are over 150 medicinal uses for Apple Cider Vinegar; it is one of the cheapest, most convenient superfoods available to us and everyone should be taking it.
A few of the benefits of using ACV daily
- Contains potassium, amino acids, and antioxidants
- Supports a healthy immune system
- Promotes digestion & pH Balance (alkaline)
- Helps soothe dry throats
- Helps remove body sludge toxins
- Helps maintain healthy skin
- Helps promote youthful, healthy bodies
- Energy Boost
- Relieves muscle pain from overuse
- Traditionally used for cleaning, disinfecting and as a natural preservative
- Relieves Sunburn
- Help relieve Heartburn, nausea and acid reflux
- Helps relieve symptoms and prevent Gout
- Conditions and strengthens hair follicles balances the Ph in your scalp
- Balances Ph in the body (maximum of 2 ounces mixed in water daily
- Neutralizes foot and body odors
- Reduces Sugar Cravings
- Relieves Menstrual Cramps
“Polyphenols such as chromogenic acid, which is present in high levels in apple cider vinegar, could inhibit oxidation of LDLs and improve health by preventing cardiovascular disease” ~Journal of Food Science
Medicinal uses for ACV
- Acid Reflux/GERD
- Astringent (diluted)
- Antibacterial cleaning agent
- Aids in weight loss by breaking down fat
- Reduces internal Inflammation: bloating, arthritis, gastritis, esophagitis, Bursitis, Sinusitis
- Balances internal Ph levels internally
- Soothes bug bites and jellyfish stings
- Cellulite reducer
- Cold/Flu tonic
- Cradle Cap
- Digestive issues Diabetes
- Detox Bath
- Fever/Sun Blister Remedy (topically)
- Heart Health
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Burn
- High Blood Pressure
- Indigestion/ upset stomach
- Joint Pain
- Has been used to dissolve kidney stones
- Liver Detoxifier
- Mouth Wash (diluted)
- Muscle Cramps
- Morning Sickness
- Prevents Mastitis
- Promotes Lymph circulation
- Prevents gallbladder attacks
- Helps kill internal pathogens, including bacteria
- Soothes irritated skin
- Strep B treatment
- Sinus Congestion (inhale steam)
- Sore Throat and stomach ulcers
- Warts and other skin conditions
- Treats fungus, lice, warts and ear infection
- May help lower glucose (blood sugar) and insulin. (type 2 diabetes)
- Improves insulin sensitivity during high carb meal by 19-34%, significantly lowering blood glucose and insulin responses
- May help lower blood pressure along with Magnesium
- Breaks down Carbohydrates when taken with meals
- Hair and Scalp Rinse: Dandruff, Dry Scalp, Shiny hair, Conditioner, Balances Ph of scalp, Balding Spot treatment
- Candida overgrowth/ Fungal Infections: Thrush (swab nipples of breastfeeding mother and mother takes orally) yeast infection, ringworm, jock itch, athletes foot, toenail fungus (taken orally and applied topically)
- Skin Irritations: Diaper rashes, rashes, sunburn, bug bites, poison ivy, poison oak, jellyfish stings
- Skin Conditions: Eczema, acne, Warts Remover, Mole remover, Skin tag remover, Contact Dermatitis
There are over 150 medicinal uses for Apple Cider Vinegar. Taking it as a daily supplement will prevent and treat conditions that you may or may not be aware are going on inside of you. ACV is a powerful detox agent. It helps break up mucus in the body which aids in cleansing the lymph nodes allowing for better lymph circulation. A healthy lymphatic system can remove toxins from cells and will improve the immune system. If you have issues with candida overgrowth (yeast), ACV is one of the best things you can do for yourself. ACV is rich in enzymes and healthy acids like acetic, lactic, isobutryic and propionic acids that aid in digestion by controlling the growth of unwanted yeast and bacteria throughout the body while balancing your internal ph levels, putting your body back in an alkaline state causing the yeast to starve and die off. Candida thrives off an acidic environment and foods that contain refined carbohydrates (cakes, cookies, breads, pastries), high fructose corn syrup and refined white table sugar. Diet change along with ACV daily can greatly improve your health.
Benefits for insulin and glucose levels
It’s thought that the acetic acid in vinegar may lower blood sugar by preventing the complete digestion of complex carbohydrates, which is accomplished either by accelerating gastric emptying or increasing the uptake of glucose by bodily tissue.
It is believed that vinegar might inactivate some of the digestive enzymes that break down carbohydrates into sugar, thus slowing the conversion of complex carbohydrates into sugar from a meal into your bloodstream. This gives your body more time to pull sugar out of your blood, preventing your sugar levels from spiking. Quite a bit of research has been done that supports vinegar as a diabetic treatment.
- Vinegar is said to be anti-glycemic and has a beneficial effect on blood sugar
- Reduces blood sugar by 34% when eating 50grams of white bread
- 2 tablespoons of ACV before bedtime can reduce fasting blood sugars by 4%
- Improves insulin sensitivity during a high-carb meal by 19-34% and lowers blood glucose and insulin response
- Studies have shown people with type 2 diabetes that take two tablespoons of ACV before bed had up to 6% lowered blood sugar levels by the morning
*If you are taking blood sugar lowering medications, please check with your physician before increasing your intake of apple cider vinegar.
ACV may interact with laxatives, Ant-acids, diuretics, heart disease medications, medications for diabetes and other medications. Always check with your healthcare practitioner when starting a new supplement and read the pharmacy pamphlets that come with your medication.
Apple Cider Vinegar In The Kitchen
- Add to your homemade bone broth (helps leech valuable minerals from the bones into the stockpot water)
- Drizzle over cooked greens
- Cucumber Salad
- Gives baked goods extra lift
- Homemade marinades
- Homemade pickled vegetables
- Salad dressings (oil, garlic and mustard)
- Tenderizing marinade for meat
- ¾ cup filtered water
- ¼ cup raw unfiltered ACV
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- Mix ingredients in a coffee mug, bring water almost to a boil, pour in coffee mug
- Drink daily until condition improves, test your alkaline levels to make sure you stay balanced during this time.
- Cooked quinoa
- Sliced peach
- Pomegranate seeds
- Fresh basil
- Dehydrated organic corn
- Apple Cider Vinegar as a dressing
Dr. Shultze SUPER TONIC RECIPE & Directions
Ginger – Apple Cider VInegar – Garlic – Horseradish Root – Cayenne, Jalapeno or Habanero Pepper – Onion SUPER TONIC RECIPE
Dr. Shultze 7 steps to stop the cold & flu in 24hrs:
Disclaimer: The strategies, suggestions, and techniques expressed here are intended to be used for educational purposes only. The Author, Kira Miller, is not rendering medical advice nor is she trying to diagnose, prescribe or treat any disease, condition, illness or injury.
If you are under the care of a physician it is imperative that you consult their advice before beginning any new exercise or nutrition program.
Kira Miller claims no responsibility to any person or entity for any liability, loss or damage alleged to be caused directly or indirectly as a result of the use, application or interpretation of the material presented here.